One of the many perks of getting married at the beach is that you get to go back to it a lot for planning purposes. This past weekend was another one of those trips, and in fact is the last one we will make before the wedding. We are less than 3 months out from our wedding date and things are moving right along!
We were able to make an overnight stop in to see my friend Andrea who is a very 7.5 months pregnant and her husband Tyler. I am so excited for the both of them to become parents and can't wait to meet Julia! We had a short, but good visit. I wish I lived closer to them.
The next morning we got up and made our way down to the Outer Banks to start making progress on our list of wedding planning to-do's. We made a pit stop into Beach Bread Co. for lunch. We have never been there before, but they have a nice selection of sandwiches and bistro eats. Conveniently, the are located a few doors down from our first stop - Diamonds and Dunes to pick out our rings. We had sort of pre-picked them out last time we were there, but made the final choice and ordered them. Very exciting.
We then made our way to talk to the florist at Harris Teeter. That turned out to be one of the best stops on this trip. He was nice, creative, he listened, and offered a fair price for the flowers unlike the first lady we tried. Bonus! The next stop was making hair appointments for the bridal crew which was surprisingly easier than I thought it would be. All those books about wedding planning make you think you are going to have this huge hassle with everyone and so far I haven't really had that problem with anyone.
We checked into our hotel and went for a walk on the beach. I think this is the first time I didn't go barefoot. Even with the nice weather (low 50s) it still wasn't quite warm enough for that. However, since the beach is basically vacated at this time of year, you can do some awesome beach combing for shells.
The following day we were up and on the road early to get to the wedding planning at the reception place. We did our tasting first thing and picked out the food everyone will be eating. I am glad we did the tasting because we did end up changing our minds on some of the items. Our tasting carried over into the cake department. I was surprised at how tasty the samples were. Also, I am pretty sure that was Rob's favorite part of the day. :P We also got to place with centerpiece decorations and this was Rob's masterpiece. It was cool (hence the spotlight on the blog), but ultimately not our choice.
We wrapped up our visit there and wandered around Manteo for a little bit taking photos and enjoying the town. We squeezed in a visit to the tux place before they closed to get pricing and information on the "when" for ordering. We had a late lunch at the Outer Banks Brewing Station which is one of our favorite places. We finished our visit with booking our house we are staying at and more beach time. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment