Friday, April 15, 2011

Harry Potter

I first heard about Harry Potter in college in a White Elephant gift exchange.  The first book was part of the exchange and was the most passed around item.  I did not end up with the book as my final prize, but I said to myself, "I think I need to go read that".  So after Christmas I went to the book store with my gift card and bought myself a copy.  It was love at first read.



Now some 10 years later I am still eager to get the DVD on the first day out.  Since the release of Year 7, Part 1 did not come around the holidays, I went and bought it and plan to watch it later tonight.  I just love the story and the way it's told.  This is probably the one and only set of books I am really glad they turned into a movie.  They have just done a stellar job with the movies and all the special effects.  Of course, ask me this in another 10 years and I will say it will probably look like the 80s special effects to now, obvious and shoty.  :)  Although I hope not.

I am anxiously awaiting the final movie and the epic battles and just awesomeness.  I can't decide if I will read all the books again or watch all the DVD's again before the last installment.  I typically have re-read the entire series of books through to the one of the movie, watched the movie and then re-read the remaining books.  Who knows maybe I will do both?  I guess it depends on how much free time I really have with the new house and all.  Well, I will need some downtime.  :)

No comments: