Friday, August 17, 2012

Used Pins

No, not that kind of pin, a pinterest kind of pin!  I know, it wasn't too long ago when I posted my rant about peoples ridiculous tag lines when they pins things, but what can I say?  It's a current topic.  Since I mentioned my rant, I would like to make two additions to the over used tag line list:
"I NEED TO REMEMBER TO DO THIS!!"  Yes, this is why we pin things you idgit. 
"Pin(ning) now, read(ing) later"  Umm no you won't.  If you can't possibly take 1-2 minutes to validate the pin is worth re-pinning, you are NOT going to give it any thought later.

Anywho, I thought it might be a neat idea to share what I have actually used in the world of Pinterest.  I try to pin things I find cool, inspiring, or something I really want to try.  And ok, so I have a board full of things I find hilarious as well that only serve the purpose of making me laugh, but it does the job!
So here's what I have really used:

Pacifier clips: http://craftycupboard.blogspot.com/2011/10/pacifier-clip-tutorial.html  Very simple and straight forward pattern that has already been used for me and as a gift.

Yardage Chart: Incredibly handy because sometimes I don't want to do math.  Maybe you don't either so here it is:

New way to print photo bookswww.blurp.com It's better than snapfish and VERY customizable.  You can do a real book if you wanted to on this site.  I like that it allows for flexibility to do more than one line descriptions of a series of photos.  I have two projects in work using their software, which is another bonus.  I don't have to upload every single photo and be online to use their tool.  I can do it all on my desktop and then upload the finished product.

Photo Canvas Project: http://www.literallyinspired.com/2012/02/picture-perfect.html  I haven't done this one completely, but I have the canvas, black paint, and Mod Podge ready to go.  I am waiting for a sale on poster prints before I pull the trigger.  So far I have spent $2.50 for the canvas and $4 for Mod Podge (thank you craft coupon) and I would love it if I could do it all for less than $15.  :)  I will post results.

Pork Tenderloin with Pan Sauce: http://chefmommy-brandao.blogspot.ca/2012/03/pork-tenderloin-with-pan-sauce.html  Definitely worth doing again!  Delicious and pretty simple!

Spaghetti with Garlic, Olive Oil, and Crushed Red Pepper: http://www.yumsugar.com/Spaghetti-Garlic-Olive-Oil-Chili-Flakes-21398824  Tasty enough, but the recipe would need to be tweaked for me to do it again.

Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake: http://www.rachaelraymag.com/recipes/rachael-ray-magazine-recipe-search/side-dish-recipes/Janet-s-Chocolate-Chip-Coffee-Cake  Hands down fabulous coffee cake!

I have a few others in work, specifically for the fall and Christmas.  We will see if they get used this year or will be lying in wait for future years.  And let us not forget the 30+ pins I have for kid projects for when Colin is older.  :)   If you want to see the full collection, you'll have to follow me.

No comments: