Friday, October 12, 2012

Halloween Creations

Halloween is one of our favorite holidays in this household.  We have a number of decorations to put up around the house, but most of what we had filled a small apartment, so it looks sparse in our much bigger home.  So I have been looking for ways to add to our collection.

I am going to have to give credit to Pinterest again for this idea, but I still love it.  It was very easy and didn't take a lot of time.  The hardest part was finding the silly spider rings at the craft store.   This project is also way wallet friendly ($4 with supplies left over).  So much so I didn't feel too bad about not having a coupon on me for this.  Here's what you will need:

  • Spider Rings (or other small Halloween toys - they have to be light for this to work)
  • Magnets (I used a strip of magnet tape found at the craft store)
  • Hot Glue Gun (and sticks)
  • Scissors
Collect all your stuff on a work surface of sorts.  Our dining room table serves this purpose for me always.


Step 1: Cut the ring part off of the spider rings so you just have the spider bodies left.  Note: The back of the spider will not be super smooth, but just try to cut it as close as you can.


Step 2: Cut the magnets to match the size of the spider body.  This should be enough to get them to stick.
Step 3:  Using your hot glue gun, put a small dot of glue on the magnet and press onto your spider body.


Step 4: Apply to whatever surface you wish.  I chose my door because I think it's way fun.  You can do any surface that a magnet will stick to. 


Happy Halloweening!

No comments: