Sunday, December 9, 2007

It's 75 degrees, but wait! It's December!

It appears that we have hit a bit of a heat wave. As if we need it. This weekend we started in the upper 60s and I know my car told me it was 76 this afternoon and right now my thermostat is telling me it's above 80. I know that's due to oven usage, but come on!

Meanwhile back in the north, people are actually having snow fall and lots of it. There have been reports of skiing, shoveling, the occasional snow ball fight, and even some furnaces kicking on. Well, let me tell you people in the north are missing out on.


That's right, the ability to drink a beer in a t-shirt with the warm sunshine on you. It's actually been really nice to do shopping in. The down side - no one I know really wants to turn on their oven and make it warmer in their place at that temperature. That's why I waited until the evening to start. I still have my windows open and a cool breeze is coming in, but it really feels like September, not December. My kitties were even enjoying the unseasonably warm weather.



It's supposed to be like this for another few days. I am going to take advantage of this and wear some of the warmer weather clothes like skirts and open toe shoes. My summer wardrobe is better anyway. :) Meanwhile, the rest of you can enjoy your winter wonderland.