Sunday, March 1, 2009

Busy Sunday

I have been awake now for 12 hours today and I feel like it's been a very busy 12 hours. Maybe productive is a better word here, I am not sure.

I woke up to rain and hopped out of bed. It's possible that "hopped" is an exaggeration, but I did get up and moving in a relatively non-slow motion. I came downstairs and enjoyed a fresh donut and cup of coffee that Rob had gotten for me.

I got to the shower to find that I had hit the jackpot on having hot water. Some back story needed here: Apparently one of the two hot water boilers for the building is broken, aka, not making hot water. So for the past week and then some, it's been a crap shoot as to whether we have hot water or not. During the week I imagine I am the first one in our building up so I never worry about it then, but the weekends is another story. Yesterday I was not so lucky. I hope they fix that crap soon.

I hopped online and found that my team had made some sort of progress with our project for school and I went about doing other things. After spending the full day yesterday working on a section I wasn't assigned, I wasn't really in the mood to do more.

It started snowing down here just like it would have at home. That was pretty amazing. My cats were highly entertaining with their inability to catch snowflakes from the wrong side of the door. We may have had an inch or so stick, but it quickly melted. It's supposed to be really cold and wet tomorrow morning. I am glad I drive in when very few other people are out.

I finally managed to get all of my cookbooks into the binders I cleaned out last weekend. I went through old recipes and chucked out a lot of stuff. Some of it was duplication of things I already had written down twice or typed up and never got rid of the originals. I am just trying to get organized.

I went through my book collection to find books I was willing to part with. Surprisingly, there were a lot. I really don't want to ever re-read "The Devil Wears Prada" or "Goodnight Nobody" again, nor do I find the book "10,000 Dreams Interpureted" very useful. With my cleared out bookshelf space I was finally able to put these magazine holders I have had for over a year in a proper place.

I grabbed and enormous pile of magazines that have been collecting dust (literally) for over a year and started to go through those as I watched Beauty Shop. It was an ok movie, but I felt like I was multi-tasking so kudos for me. I got about half way through the stack. I also did the laundry and other household chores that I feel the need to do on Sunday to put the house right for the week.

At 5pm I went back to check on group work and found they were stuck again and sat down for an hour to plow through some stuff. This is frustrating to me because I had spelled out where to get all this information and how to do it. I feel like they aren't even trying.

I made dinner, well, technically, Rob made half the dinner. We needed sauce to go with raviolis. Delicious! I called my parents, made my coffee for tomorrow and now I am going to read my book and head to bed. It really has been a full day.

No comments: