Work has been interesting the last couple of weeks. Since my purse hit my desk, it has been the non-stop talk of the trailer. The women think it's absolutely adorable and were just fussing over it for the first few days I had it with me. The men in the trailer were like, omg, make it stop. In a fit of frustration over the constant gabbing about it, my lead said "THIS IS THE FLIGHT LINE FOR GOSH SAKE!" I swear he has purse envy.
Upon my lead's encouraging, I brought my purse with me to a small meeting with the VP and him. I half think now he wanted someone to share his pain. The VP looked at it, then to me and said, "There is no fu fu on my flight line." Of course I replied, "Yeah, but isn't it cute?" We brought in his secretary to look at it and she said, "Oh it's adorable!!" Of course, she also referred to the F-16 as a hummingbird moving around the F-22. I thought it was a nice analogy. Apparently, this almost sent the VP into cardiac arrest.
So yesterday I may or may not have worn open toed shoes on the flightline. I really didn't think much of it because no one had said anything to me all morning. Apparently this is a huge no no. I got a sticky note on my desk with "no fu fu on F/L" from our VP. Nice. This was after the lecture about my footwear and teasing from various trailer-mates.
This morning I showed off my nice closed toed shoes to the VP. If I am aware of the rules, I can follow them. He explained the whole deal to me which I 100% agree with, but again, didn't really think about it yesterday. After our morning meeting he referred to my fu fu-ness again. He decided that's what my call sign was going to be. Raptor Fu Fu. Of course, the managers and the like are Raptor 1, Raptor 2, etc. I get Raptor Fu Fu. Whatever. I think it's nice. :)
Of course anyone that knows me knows that I am not really a fu fu kind of girl. It's just that I am more fu fu than say any of the guys that have been on the flight line before me. Granted I care about a lot more womenly things now than I did two years ago, but the point remains, I am not your average fu fu girl. It makes it all that much funnier.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment