Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Where Did You Go?

I'll have to admit, since moving to NY, I haven't been very good at keeping up the blog. I am not counting the Germany posts because those were like a gimme. And even still, took a month to post properly. For everyone's knowledge, no I am not dead, just having a bit of writer's block lately. Mostly this stems from a number of things we are working on that we aren't telling people about. These things include some of the wedding decisions and some of the things we are doing for Christmas gifts. However, these things seem to take up a bunch of our time so that I have no easy topics left to pick from. :P

I suppose I could mention I have a new job. After 4 months of wanting to rip my hair out every day, I have been relocated to work in building 6 in production control. I basically release parts for sub assembly builds and then put them back into stock once they are built until the whole unit is made. In the meantime I track where the parts go, who has them and their status. So far I still like it. It's a lot more engaging than my last assignment. I wouldn't mind doing this work off program. We will see what the future holds.

I have been volunteering a lot lately too. Last Friday I raked leaves and trimmed hedges at the CNYSPCA for a few hours and then today I spent 3 hours after work hanging clothes at the Rescue Mission. This is on top of the extra time I have been putting in at work to coordinate people to volunteer for the Salvation Army events Lockheed Martin is hosting. It takes way longer to answer emails than I ever thought it would. But the good news is, all the events are being covered and we have a good turn out of volunteers.

So I have been keeping busy, but I am looking forward to a break. That's what the holidays are for right? :)

No comments: