And since we could drive, we were able to bring a pumpkin to the carving table this year. I haven't had as much practice as other pumpkin carvers (I haven't carved a pumpkin in probably 10 years), so I decided to kick it old school. This picture isn't the best, but I blame the bad lighting and a few drinks.

Our costumes this year required some creativity. We needed something that people haven't done before (getting harder every year) and something that wasn't going to take forever or cost $$$. All of this combined put our thinking caps to the test, but we found a pretty fun solution. We decided on costumes that "go together like". So we settled on Bees and Honey. I went as a giant bumble bee and Rob went as a pot of honey. Now, the added layer of fun is that all of Rob's friends call me Sarah B and Rob's my honey. Yup, just over the top sweet.
In the picture of Rob and I, you can't see it too well, but I have an extra pair of arms attached on string (left over costume part from years past) to make the 6 legs necessary for a bee. It shows up better in the picture of Melissa (flapper) and I as well as my butt. That was probably the hardest part of my costume this year, trying to figure out how to make that part proportioned properly to the rest of me and then how to get the shape. One of these years, I am going to get back to making a costume from a pattern. Rob's costume is constructed out of two wreath hoops and a large quilting hoop about the middle covered in fabric. My cats enjoyed laying in and on his costume as he made it. :)
We even got to make a few side errands (thanks to having our own car) while we were in town as well. We were able to meet up with Meredith and discuss wedding ceremony plans (it's going to be AWESOME) and also hit up Total Wine. It's nothing like the Total Wine in GA and yeah, I probably sound like a wino, but if I know I can buy wine at a 50% discount, you better believe I will. Also, to boot, I got free dress socks out of the trip by using a gift card from Banana Republic on the day it expired. Nothing like cashing in free money for a much needed clothing item.All in all though, it was another great weekend spent with friends. We even got to see Rummy, although we are pretty sure he doesn't remember who we are anymore. That part was really sad. :( We must visit more often to make him remember.
Until next year, Happy Halloween!
No comments:
Post a Comment