I have been taking pictures with a digital camera for about 7 years now. I would say the first 4 of them were, oh hey! look at that! *click* for composition/thought behind them. Over the last few years I have been trying to get that "eye" for a shot and play with the camera a little bit more. Sometimes I am successful and when I am not, who cares? It's digital!
The turning point in my photography was inspired by my co-workers in Marietta who explained basic composition (rule of thirds) and shared some of their finer work by displaying it on the walls in their office. That was where I figured, hey, if I am going to take pictures, why not try to make them look good? So I have dabbled on my own for a while now and have had decent success. For Christmas I got a book called the Better Photo Guide. Let's see what new tricks it can teach me. In the meantime, here's some of the funner ones I noticed while going through my photos on my computer.
 |
| Wedding bells hanging from a chandelier |
 |
| Attempt to get the tree reflection on the purse, couldn't figure out how to get me out :) |
 |
| Outer Banks Sunset |
 |
| Munich, possibly my current favorite photo |
 |
| Another attempt at artsy in the castles, I think if I had gotten closer, it would have looked different |
 |
| Bacharach, Germany - view from the top of the town |
 |
| Julia hiding in the pumpkin patch |
 |
| Flowers |
 |
| Mother Nature |
 |
| One of the better photos of the Golden Gate Bridge I captured |
 |
| Perspective of how tall a redwood is |
 |
| Beach Walk at the Outer Banks |
No comments:
Post a Comment