This is a "makeover" recipe from the Taste of Home - Healthy Cooking Magazine. In other words, this is the healthy (and extremely tasty!) version of the typical potato salad. Great to bring to a summer BBQ!
Makeover Loaded Baked Potato Salad
Prep: 20 min Bake: 35 min + cooling Servings:12
2.5 lb small unpeeled red potatoes, cubed
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
1/2 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
1 cup chopped sweet onion
1 dill pickle, chopped
1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
1/2 cup fat fee mayo
1 tsp. prepared mustard.
1. Place potatoes in a 15"x10"x1" baking pan coated with cooking spray, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Backe, uncovered, at 425* for 30-35 minutes or until tender. Cool on a wire rack.
2. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, eggs, bacon, cheese, onion, and pickle.
3. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayo, and mustard. Pour over the potato mixture and toss to coat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sounds awesome - except I think you forgot the potato part. I wish I had some now!
(Sorry for the two comments. I prefer commenting under my name instead of the blog I've left unattended for a long, long time)
Ha, my cat was trying to help me type and I didn't realize that was missing, it's been updated now!
Post a Comment