Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Snagging a Great Deal

As many of you know, we are making room for one more in our lives come April and with that means needing a LOT of new stuff we don't currently have.  Thankfully my parents have taken care of the crib, but that's unfortunately one small piece of the pie.  But also thankfully, there are people on Craigslist that have plenty of nice stuff they want to sell for cheap.  :)

Last Friday I happened to be goofing off and doing a "I wonder what's on here today" search and stumbled across a posting for a used BOB Stroller.  Friends of ours bought one for their daughter and love it.  They were demoing it at the reunion over the summer and how fabulous it is.  I have heard great things about them from other sources as well and so I emailed the lady.  She said I was the first one to respond, so I got dibs.  We went to take a look at it and ended up buying it.  They retail for $300-$400 (MSRP on this model is actually $469, but I doubt people pay that) and we snagged it for $65.  It's been used and you can tell with some sun slight sun fading and worn spots where little feet go, but overall it's still in great shape.  I think she thought I was nuts when I said, oh I bet I can put it in the wash, but haha, jokes on her!  I got it in there about 30 minutes after I got it home. 


Leave an engineer alone with a screwdriver and curiosity and you'll find yourself with pieces of whatever used to be assembled.  :)


This was actually remarkably easy to take apart and get all the fabric off of it to wash.  The hardest part was looping the pull cord through the backside of the fabric.  


A few times in the washing machine and BAM!  Looks like new!  The cats have sniffed it a few times, but largely ignored it.  Guess it will sit and wait until this spring, but at least it's one more thing off our prep list. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks fabulous! I like the color!