I am beginning to wonder if Pinterest isn't funded through places like Michael's, AC Moore, Hobby Lobby and Jo-Ann Fabrics. I feel like anytime I see something cool on there, I am usually ending up at one of these place to do said cool project. Today was no exception. Granted, I did want to go to Michael's to get Colin a decent Easter basket, but I didn't NEED to buy the other items until I saw a pin on Spring Wreaths.
We have a fall wreath, a seashell wreath, and then usually something
Christmas-y for the door during December. I lack other wreaths to fill
the front door during the spring and late winter. I was inspired by
this pin
(website) for my design. I still think that one looks a little nicer,
but hey, this is wreath number two I have ever made, so I think it came
out ok.
Inspired and ready to go, I headed off to Michael's to buy supplies. My sad hot glue gun, wires, and pliers were in stock in my closet, but I needed a new wreath ($4), flowers ($5), and some bling ($6). If I had held out (read - had the patience), this project would have been a bit cheaper, but for a $15 investment, I thought it was worth getting everything at once. I did save 20% on everything at least (hooray coupon!).
I basically just watched TV and puttered until I got a look I thought was decent. Then I got the hot glue gun going and starting making it permanent. After the flowers were in, I placed the butterflies where I thought they would look the best and then added the beads in various spots for sparkle.
Overall I thought it turned out pretty cute. If I had wanted to spend more on the flowers I am sure it would have changed the nature of the wreath, but not too shabby for $15 and an hour of my time for the end of the weekend. And now we have something for our door for the spring. I am sure the neighbors will appreciate a bit of brightness in this dreary wannabe spring weather (currently wintery mix falling from the sky - hooray).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment