Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

I have a birthday coming up this week and my office mate just celebrated hers Monday, so it seemed fitting to celebrate the two mid-week.  Plus it's an excuse to bake something.  In my world, birthdays are best celebrated over at least a week and more if you can milk it.  I embrace my aging self and try to find the happiness in any age.  Hating it won't change what's happening, so might as well make the most of it.

I hemmed an hawed over what I wanted to make.  Something that could easily be shared, didn't take 5 hours to make, and something I know I would like, after all, it's partly my birthday thing too. :)  I realized while trying to decide what to make I only had 1 egg left in the house (that's what you call poor planning), but to my surprise the recipes I was narrowing my choices down to required just 1 egg.  It was a sign.  It was a toss up between Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies and Pumpkin Oat Chocolate Chip Cookies.  I decided to just go with plain pumpkin.  To be honest, the ingredients list was smaller and that won some points.  It's September, pumpkin is officially the flavor of the next 3 or more months.  Might as well get in on it early!

From my Cuckoo for Cookies board:
http://www.twotwentyone.net/2013/10/pumpkin-chocolate-chip-cookies/


Folks, let me tell you, these smelled like a little slice of fall in my kitchen this evening.  It was a fabulous aroma to enjoy while multi-tasking making lunches and prepping things to go to work tomorrow.

I did let the batter sit for the 15 minutes (ok, I lost track of time, but it was more than 5 minutes) as directed on the recipe, but I was a bit skeptical about how they were going to turn out since the batter was a bit gooier (ok, that's apparently a word), than other recipes I use.  They turned out fine and in fact a bit poofy (not a word).


As is tradition, I snagged a cookie hot off the cookie sheet.  It was amazing!  Sometimes simpler is better!  These were light and flavorful without being too much.  Perfect for a pumpkin sweet fix.  If you like pumpkin flavored things for the fall, put this on your to-bake list.  I am not sure how long they are going to last at work tomorrow!


No comments: