Our Sunday morning tradition is to spend most of the morning in PJs and eat pancakes. We have a homemade recipe for pancakes I make in bulk and then just make batches every weekend until it's empty and refill. Being that it is fall and I am on a pumpkin/chocolate chip kick, it was totally a sign when I saw a recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes on
Pinterest.
It took a bit more effort pre-coffee to make which is kind of a big deal when you have a toddler "helping" you. It used all of my measuring cups and spoons and dirtied far more dishes than our typical Sunday morning treat, BUT I think it was worth it. I am not one for saying pancakes don't really need syrup, but these really are good on their own. To me, pancakes are the vehicle to eat syrup because taking shots from the bottle is kind of frowned upon by health experts.
Anywho, these turned out fluffy and delicious. They took a bit longer to cook because the batter is so thick, so by the time I got around the eating my pancakes, the rest of the family had finished theirs. (I eat mine from the last batch). The recipe actually made about 16 pancakes by my 1/4 cup portions, so we have plenty in the freezer for any other fall weekend we want these but don't want to put the time in to achieve the desired results.
Thank you fall for inspiring wonderful flavors into regular meals. We will be trying a Pumpkin and Sausage Penne Pasta later this week too. :) Could be delicious!
No comments:
Post a Comment