Friday, December 19, 2008

Ding Dong Done With Work

Today is a big day for a few reasons. First, I have taken vacation next Monday and Tuesday to extend the year end shut down to span two full weeks. Awesome. Secondly, I am done with classes for this term. And finally, it marks the end of my first quarter (first rotation) of OLDP.

These last six months have been... well, I am not even going to sugar coat it. They were pretty terrible. Although, I will say, unfortunately, I think Mr. Pennock has it worse than I did. I can sympathize with him.

Stress was my worst enemy. What was a little creepy was when I got a health tip passed down to me at work about stress. It listed all the known side effects of it and I had every single one. Wow. That can't be good. Between the job assignment, class work, and all the stuff in between, it was just a bit much to deal with and stay on top of it all.

The bitter sweet outcome is even though I did not enjoy my first assignment and would not care to repeat the experience, I learned from it. As for the class work, I can't say I learned much from it, but at least it's one down three to go.

I am looking forward to bigger and better things in the new year. Hell, I would just be happier with better. We can work on bigger later. :)

2 comments:

Mike P said...

Rotation programs kick ass! Here's to accelerated career development!

Sarah said...

Go us over achievers!!!!

I don't know about you, but I think we need to rethink our strategy.