While I was out of the office, some things happened. Mostly, business as usual, but there was one out of the ordinary thing that happened.
When I got back to the office on Tuesday I had a FedEx envelope sitting on my desk. I thought, who left their mail on my desk? I NEVER get outside mail. I am too far down on the list. I picked it up and looked it over and I was like, oh huh, well, my name is on the envelope, I guess it is for me. So I opened it up and took out the contents. I kind of glanced them and was like ok, yeah, uh huh, that's nice. At first glance it looked like I just got a certificate for completing my last grad class. I thought whopp-dee-doo! So I kind of set it aside and started to log onto my computer.
Since this was at 6am following a vacation of 4 days at the beach, my brain was a little more slow on the uptake than usual. I am not saying I am ever really with at that hour, but it was more apparent that morning. I started to put two and two together. I thought, I didn't get one of this for the last class I took. That's weird, maybe this isn't what I thought it was. So I picked it up again and this time actually read the letter that was included with the certificate.
Dear Sarah:
Congratulations! You are the recipient of the OLDP GCP Certificate of Student Commitment to Excellence. You were nominated by your peers in the FIN 601: Corporate and Financial Management for the academic term ending in March 2009.
It goes on to explain the award criteria such as having the highest level of academic integrity, dedication, and focus, exemplified stellar leadership skills, and demonstrated a thorough understanding of the material.
So after finally processing that and I am a little more awake, I am just dumbfounded. Only one person from each cohort of about 120 people is given this award for each class we take (total of 4). And for the finance class (one I was initially not looking forward to, but actually really enjoyed), it was given to me. Wow.
The lesson here; good things CAN happen when you are out of the office. :P I am sure there's one in there about how hard work pays off, but I like the former better. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment