In February I decided to cancel my gym membership. It was money I was spending on a service I wasn't using. Besides, our complex has the few machines that I would use if I decided I was motivated enough to go. That motivation is hard to come by especially with a jam packed schedule of full time work, a work business project done on my own time (hooray leadership programs!), school work, wedding planning, upcoming vacations, conferences, and a move on the horizon. Sometimes I just want to curl up and take a nap instead of spending more time away from everything else that seems to be calling for my attention these days. (As a side note - this also explains blog absenteeism)
Rob and I are trying to live the healthier life style. A lot of our meals come from Cooking Light and we rarely have "bad for you stuff" in the house. Even our diet soda spurt was short lived. This also means trying to stay active. Rob has done great with playing racquetball with a classmate of his twice a week. I have been keeping up with yoga and now seem to be walking a few miles a day it seems based on where I park, where I work and all the meetings I attend during the day. But we have decided a few times a week to go to the complex gym together. This serves as my motivation; having someone prodding me along.
I always liked being active and exercising. It's just clearing the hurdle of getting myself there in the first place. We both want to set up healthy habits now so they are easier to stick with later on. With his family history and health problems and me fighting my mother's genes, we will both be better off for it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment