Returning from vacation and getting back into the swing of things took just about all week. I think I relaxed so much on vacation it was especially hard to care about going back to work or doing homework. I think mentally, I was still out to lunch.
Despite my reluctance to do any work last week, I did make progress on the move. I talked to the real person at the relocation office that would authorize my travel and get things going (defined dates, details, etc). These are things that keep me sane. I don't like the - don't worry it will happen. I know it will happen, I want dates. I am a planner, I need to plan! And this conversation was holding up all other plans.
This month has a whirlwind of last minute adventures starting next weekend (well starting Thursday) with a house hunting trip. The following weekend Rob and I are going to Savannah. I will kick myself if I don't go before I move back north. The weekend after that is bound to be full of good bye parties, sorting for movers and general last minute mayhem. Then the last week they pack us up and I am on my way north! I start in my new location on July 6th.
Moving does bring on interesting resource management problems like trying to manage food consumption. We are planning all of our remaining meals to use up what is left in the freezer and in the pantry. We are also trying to finish as many liquid containers as possible before making the move because the movers won't take them. Cleaning windows 6 times is a good use of Windex right?
There are so many other details that go along with moving that I am sure I will be busy all month long. The nice part is that I am done with classes starting Monday for two weeks so I can focus on the move more than the homework for a little while. What I am really trying to say is that blog posts may be more sporadic over the next month until we are settled into the new home. :) Here's to chaos!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment