Most of them go pretty quickly and I get to talk to a human and it takes about oh, less than 5 minutes per transaction. However, when I get the Decepticon (the autonomous computer system) on the other end of the phone, my blood pressure goes up at least 50 points and it's bound to take twice as long. The stupid Decepticon wants to show how smart it is because it can understand English so when you talk to it, it goes off to process what you say and then repeats everything back to you. Well, let me tell you I am not impressed. Maybe that's why the Decepticon hung up on me twice. Or maybe it's because of all the muttering/swearing I do when it doesn't understand what I want. I will never know. I hate those systems.
Here's a little trade secret though, just keep pushing zero at the first "tell me what I can help you with", it will claim it doesn't understand you until it finally gives up and you can go talk to a human. Now who's being deceptive? Mwuhahaha....
2 comments:
If you go here:
http://www.gethuman.com/
It will show you the exact way to bypass the phone tree for most companies.
I think, perhaps, that you would make more progress if you used a phone rather than talking to inanimate children's toy.
Post a Comment