I spent this past weekend in lovely upstate NY house hunting. What an adventure! It's been over 10 years since I have lived in the Syracuse area and I have never had to look for an apartment while I was there (thanks Dad!). So this was a little weird for me. I knew the area, but never ever thought about rentals until now.
I set out with a list in hand and thought I had found some sure fire winners based on what I had seen on the web. Let me tell you, I was so dead wrong. I don't know who they are paying to doctor/edit their photos, but they must be shelling out some dough. These places looked nothing like what I saw online! I guess this goes to show you how important a house hunting trip really is. If I had gone by web only, we would have had a living room that's the size of our current dining room and a dining room the size of our kitchen even though this place boasted more square footage!
After a VERY disappointing start on Friday I was set to find some real steals on Saturday! I even had a few homes picked out that I felt like had to be winners. Sadly, this was not to be the case. The homes I had chosen (which btw, it's not easy finding homes to rent) were basically either in a ghetto or next to one (like 3 houses down). I was about ready to scream. Thankfully, I had an ace in the hole.
When my sister and I got out of the car at this complex, all we could hear was birds and the breeze. This place was actually built in the last 10 years instead of oh, say 30 years ago (with zero updates since). So hooray! It's not a town home like we wanted, BUT my kitties do get a balcony again and I know they will love that. It's 25 minutes from work and 20 from my sister and parents. So we are decently centrally located. That and we are in a safer and MUCH nicer place. It was a tiring search, but the hard work paid off!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment