For the first time in over a month, I am enjoying a weekend in my own house sitting on my furniture. I think this pretty much rocks my socks off. It's so quiet here at our new place that I can hear birds chirping and the wind blowing in the trees. Of course we also get the occasional wrong car coming down to the dead end, but that's nothing.
We finally got our dining room table cleared off (another table was on top of it) and ate at it last night. That was fantastic to have some where other than the coffee table to put glasses and plates. While functional, it still had that unsettledness to it. We have 95% of the boxes sorted through so they are dwindling in their numbers as well. The next phase will be putting up the pictures. As we have discovered, we have a LOT of them. But they are the finishing touches that make a house a home.
We even made it to the theater yesterday to watch the latest Harry Potter movie. Most excellent. I have really enjoyed the way to movies take life on the screen. This one was probably the most changed of the books, however, due to it's sheer size I am sure it was a necessity. I still approve which is weird because I am one of those that won't watch movies if I have read the book, but in this case it doesn't bother me. I think it's because it was so in your face, can't ignore it kind of a deal. Whatever the case may be, the bottom line is I enjoyed the movie.
In any event, I am going to continue enjoying my weekend. I recommend you all do the same. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment