When we moved into our new bigger home, we didn't have the furniture to fill the spaces we had just acquired. We figured this was ok and would sort itself out eventually. In the meantime, we used camp chairs in the main level living room so I could watch "Say Yes to The Dress" while Rob kills zombies and plays in trenches. This was ok for a little while, but the camp chairs are only so comfortable and not any kind of style we would like to portray, so "finding new seating" moved up the list a bit.
We had a disastrous attempt at finding something we both liked in IKEA. I didn't want to spend a lot of money because there's a 98% likelihood that my cats will take their claws to it sometime in the future. IKEA seemed like the logical place to go looking. Craigslist was another option, but you either have to be looking daily OR be lucky. Today I was lucky.
The advertisement didn't try to do a hard sell on the chairs, but offered up "Pink Wingback Chairs $10". I thought hey, how bad could it be? I couldn't tell from the pictures if it was bad lighting or dirt, but overall they looked ok. Since our living room is more for social gatherings and me sitting to watch the occasional show, they need not be huge comfty sofas. We have those downstairs. I actually had a vision of the living room having two wingback chairs and a loveseat with a coffee table. So when I saw this post I figured, why not ask if they were still available? For $10, it was worth asking.
Sometime around noon today, I got a reply that yes they were and were all mine for $10. WOHOO! So we managed to get over there and pick them up tonight.
As if I need another project to add to the "To Do" list, but these seemed like too good of a deal to pass up. The grand plan (as if I really have one) is to make slip covers and put a new cushion in the seat. Have I ever done this before? No, of course not, but would I let a little thing like that stop me? I have a sewing machine and I can measure pretty darn good, so I think this will be like working out a puzzle. I am going to put that craft room to good use!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment