So as promised, here's the second meal I choose to freeze using the LDMM. This recipe comes from my sister and I am sure it's going to be excellent. So without further ado, here we go! These are her exact notes:
One of the things that can be dispiriting about skinless, boneless chicken breasts is that they lack the luscious contrast between crisp golden skin and moist, tender meat. Not here. Use English muffin crumbs and Parmesan cheese to make a coating for the chicken. This is classic comfort food without too much fat. The chicken can marinate in the mustard mixture, covered and refrigerated, for up to 2 hours.
3 Tablspoons Dijon mustard (or any favorite mustard)
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar (or we use just white vinegar for some kick)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly, ground black pepper
6 small skinless, boneless chicken breasts, rinsed and patter dry (scant 2 pounds total - To get this, we just took 3 big chicken breasts and cut them in half, and when I say we, I mean my husband did this part while I was pulsing cumbs)
1 1/2 English Muffins
3/4 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (she recommends the fresh stuff, not the can, but I think either would work, just fresh is best))
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 Tablespoon melted butter
1-2 Tablespoons fresh herbs if desired - parsley, rosemary, thyme, sage, etc (I used a bit of fried mixed Italian herbs)
White together the marinade in a large bowl. Add chicken, tossing well to coat. (This is where I put everything into a Gallon size Freezer bag and label it "Chicken Marinade" and set aside).
Pulse English muffins in a food processor until finely ground. Add cheese, butter and black pepper. Pulse until well combined. Transfer to shallow dish or pie plate. (This is where I put the crumb mixture into another Gallon size Freezer bag and label it "Breading" and set aside).
Put both of those Freezer bags into another Gallon size Freezer bag. Also include a packet of potatoes (Betty Crocker) and a frozen vegetable of your choice for 4 servings. On the outside of the bag write the instructions:
Preheat oven to 450*. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Dredge chicken one piece at a time in crumbs, coating completely and pressing gently so crumbs adhere then transfer to baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, and cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes.
Ta da! Another meal ready for the freezer which hopefully will make another easy night of dinners. I would guess the time to make this meal from start to finish would be about 30 minutes (10 minute oven warm up used to prep chicken and then cook time can be used to prep side dishes).
Monday, February 25, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment