Sunday, April 22, 2007

Let's Go Braves!

In my quest for things to see and accomplish while I am living in Atlanta, I went to see a Braves game Thursday night. Not just any Braves game, but a free Braves game with transportation. In all honesty, that is pretty much the only way I do baseball games. I do not have enough outright love of the game to purchase a ticket. I go to hang out with people.

This particular outing was put on by LMents which is a Lockheed sponsored club for 0-5 year employees, aka - the younger generation. Most of these people I know from my bowling league so it was nice to hang with them again. We went to Atkins Park (local bar) to meet up before the game and then headed out on the bus.

On the bus we go and we magically arrive at the stadium. Turns out no one communicated we needed a parking pass to park there with the bus and so we had to go some secret special way. Whatever, we got there in time. We got our tickets and headed into the stadium. Turns out our seats were on the exact opposite side behind home plate and in the "oh my god, bring tissues" nosebleed section. It wasn't that bad aside from the slightly chilly weather with a breeze that would make you numb. The more people that left the colder it got. Anyway, we all kind of got settled and watched or tried to watch some of the game. I think I may have paid attention for 1 or 2 innings in total throughout the entire game. I will give you my highlights though.

One - The gianormous screen where all sorts of information is displayed. Wow and more wow.



Two - I waited probably a good inning or inning and a half to get the only things I wanted in the stadium. That's right, an overpriced beer and pretzel.



Three - These guys were my favorite and probably most underpaid people on the field. I cheered for them.



It was a good time and I was glad to go because I got out of it what I wanted. A chance to visit with people and to eat my beer and pretzel. I was happy. :)

2 comments:

Meredith said...

I was at that game, too! A friend with Atlanta-scene connections gave out tickets for "Lexus Level" seats, but don't worry: it was the same middling game from either vantage point. The groundskeepers were surely the highlight for us as well--it was almost like they were dancing.

Sarah said...

I walked right pass the very posh looking "Lexus Level". For those of you following along at home - they actually have a Lexus car parked there. I hope it was warmer than our seats! :) I will give them credit though, they have a LOT of audience involvement including the kiss cam (went for my beer then), some silly race with animated something or others around the bases on the big screen and a "guess which of the 3 hats has the ball" game.