Sunday, December 16, 2007

A Year in Review for Books

One of the first blogs entries I made was about my book reading list I wanted to keep. To my surprise, I actually kept it up! It's kind of neat now to look back over it. I separated them out by month and if I had already read it once. I have read a solid 26 books this year and have a good feeling about completing at least two more before the year is over. That's an average of a book every two weeks. Not too shabby. Now because I am a real dork, here are some stats.

I have re-read 8 of those books. Six of them were the Harry Potter Series that I was trying to re-read before the last book came out. And four of those were read in July along with the final book making July the month I read the most in.

The book that took the longest to get through was Jane Eyre, but it was worth the read to get into Jasper Fforde's works. One of the books that I liked best was Love, Rosie by Cecelia Ahern. The same author wrote another book that is a new favorite called, PS, I love you, which is now about to be butchered by Hollywood. That's two of my favorite books this year (Stardust was the other) that Hollywood has made into a movie. Writers strike my foot, they are out of ideas and are now pillaging books.

I read books by 10 new to me authors. Some I liked some I didn't. But I enjoyed it all the same. I can also tell by my sheet what months I was super busy with other thing (Halloween costume) and didn't have as much time to devote to reading. Apparently I had some time on my hands in July and August.

I also wanted to share with you my personal library which is stored online. You can see what books I own and if I have rated them or not. If anyone would like to borrow one of them, I would encourage you to tell me and I can ship it to you or bring it with me the next time we meet. Happy Readings to you!