I went to Fort Worth, Texas this week for business travel. I have been there only once before and the state and I had various ideas about what would get me lost and what wouldn't. Fortunately this time, I made it to all locations without getting lost. Kind of nice actually.
I arrived on Wednesday and stayed at a hotel downtown. It was pretty convenient because I could just walk to dinner from there given all the restaurants in the area. So I checked in and headed out to grab a burger and a beer I was craving. A few blocks away I walked into Billy Miners. I thought it was a nice enough place and the food was decent. The people there helped me out with ordering and such. (You have to walk around the back to order and then they call your name). I watched the ever stupid, Deal or No Deal? game show and by the time I got ready to head back, it was POURING outside. I thankfully had brought a jacket, but it only helped some. Walking back the 3 blocks or so to the hotel was enough to completely saturate me from the jacket line down. I couldn't help but laugh. I brought a second pair or shoes to wear to work the next day, so no harm there. Just the most ridiculous rain I have ever seen.
I don't know if this is true for all of Texas or just that area, but the water smells and tastes funny. Even fountain sodas have that taste in the background. When I get out of the shower, I have a hard time getting rid of the stink. Yuck!
When I was heading back to the airport on Friday, I remembered how terribly they inform you which exit to get off for the airport. The let you know there are two and they are a few miles apart, but they tell you nothing further. Thank god for the gianormous Starbucks sign that tipped me off the heading in the right direction. I made it back and was happy to get out of that state once again.
Texas just has zero appeal to me. And the times I have been there, (total of 4 now, Houston, Ft. Worth, and San Antonio) nothing has impressed me. Oh well. I only have to visit every now and then. Not every state can be a winner.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment