During college I learned the lesson of exactly how much weight you can gain by mindlessly drinking fully leaded soda after fully leaded soda. Since then I have tried not to drink sodas all that often. In fact, I haven't purchased soda for my house since January 2007. I bought some for the super bowl and to be honest, I didn't even go through all of that.
Most people would say, drink diet, it has no calories. While this is true, it contains another evil, aspartame. That crap gives me headaches and makes me feel weird. I think a lot of websites boast about it's horrid nature that result in cancer or some other extreme "I never want that" disease. Either way they make it out to be pretty terrible.
Coca Cola has come up with a new product that's both diet and does not contain aspartame. Enter my new afternoon hero! Whatever genius decided to create this should be promoted to something like, Head Genius Person Providing Wonderfulness To All! I wonder if that fits on a business card?Anywho, that's not the point. The point is that I found a caffeine drink that's not full of empty calories that also does not provide me with an awful headache and possible other side effects, like growing a toe on your arm.
I still have to watch how much caffeine I intake a day per doctors orders, but I think one cup of coffee in the morning and one soda in the afternoon is still better than most.
Thank you Mr Coke Person!
3 comments:
Give it time. They will find horrific side effects.
Oh I am sure, but until then, ignorance will be my bliss. :)
Mmmm....caffeine....mmmmmmmmm
Post a Comment