Last night I attended an 80s costume party. This was a lot of fun, although I am not sure where the bulk of it was in the prepping or in the actual event itself. Since it was a costume party it required finding an outfit to wear. I think most people would be in the same boat, if not, well, then you need to be on What Not To Wear.A few of my friends were also invited so we took a trip to Goodwill together to find the perfect outfit. It took a little digging through to racks, but I found my stunning piece without too much trouble. I figure Goodwill is one of those places I could never work because all the sales people do is tell you, "Oh that's nice" and I for one couldn't manage that all day long. They do have some good stuff, but there are a lot of "interesting" clothes there. My honestly would get the best of me.
We bought some accessories and we were set to go. I think the finishing touches for the ladies outfits was the purchase of a styling hair crimper from Heidi. Sweet! I had my hair in small braids all day, but it didn't work as well as I had hoped. Hooray crimper!
As for the party, we got to mingle with other very well dressed people in 80s garb and listen to some great 80s music and get our groove on with some fantastic 80s dance moves. Heidi and I were complimented as having the most authentic 80s look. :) I guess I went as a librarian since people kept telling me I looked like one. :) Here are some radical photos for you to enjoy!

1 comment:
You pretty lady in that pink dress. Pretty!
Post a Comment