Wednesday, July 23, 2008

And Now For Something Completely Different

Last Friday I said good bye to the Mods and Heavy Maintenance Team. They have been absolutely great. I know I am going to miss working with them, it's been a riot. Where else will someone give you solid advice like, "Don't teach a pig to sing"? It had gotten to the point where I could joke with them and knew what was going on. It takes a while to build that report with people, so it's hard to start over. It's going to be different now, but hopefully, it will be a good different.

So on Monday, I started with the new group, Material Management. It was a rocky start with training the last three days, getting my computer out of my old building and to my desk, and inbox flooding of emails from old and new job tasks. Let's not forget about learning if you can make oatmeal in the morning or leave a Coke in a fridge and it will be there at lunch time. Those are the really important things you need to know when you start any new job (if you are me anyway).

Today I actually started to do job related functions. I think I am going to enjoy it, but it will take a while for me to comprehend what I am doing. Learning mainframe software is definitely challenging. There is a lot of out of office time coming up too between vacations and conferences. Hopefully I won't data dump everything I learn by then. :P Here's to new beginnings!

No comments: