Saturday, July 12, 2008

Oatmeal Blues

For about the past two years I have started about 90% of my mornings at work with a bowl of oatmeal. The same oatmeal. It's delicious and sweet and healthy. On the odd occasion I am out, I turn to donuts or pop tarts to substitute, but otherwise, the oatmeal has been good to me. And it's been good to my co-workers who I have trained not to bother me until this has been consumed in the morning. This may sound rude to you, but people don't bother me when I am not ready to deal with them and they don't get a snippy or grouchy me. I think it's fair.


On my last grocery trip to the store (featured here) I was at a loss. My box of oatmeal was not there. It wasn't out of stock, it was as if it never had a space on the shelf. Out of 20 some varieties of oatmeal, I pick the one it appears, they started to discontinue. I was eating Quaker Oatmeal, Nutrition for Women, Vanilla Cinnamon flavor. It's delicious and the specified "Nutrition for Women" made me feel like I was at least getting something right.

I went to the Quaker Oatmeal website and found a store that still carries it nearby, but I have a feeling I will eventually face the extinction of this wonderful tasty morning product. They have a new brand the labeled at Vanilla Cinnamon, but not Nutrition for Women. I am really hoping it's the same thing in a new package.

No comments: