Sunday, July 6, 2008

Dinner for Two

We just have none stop fun here. That's right, we are going to hit up the grocery store together today. Wild and crazy things happen in Atlanta, I am just here to tell you about them. Again I say, lucky you.

This marks our first trip together while living under one roof. No more buying two gallons of milk (unless it turns out we are milk fiends) or loaves of bread or other such things. As it stands now, our refrigerator is mostly full of beer and condiments. Kind of a throw back to college days.

This also means planning dinners got slightly easier. We have been cooking for two but in two different places, which you may say, what's the difference? Well, normally by Thursday it was "I had the two meals planned we ate and I thawed some stuff, but could make pasta, so umm, now what?" Never quite compared notes on those kinds of things. That's about to change.

Between the two of us, we have approximately a ton of cookbooks. We are trying to reference them as we go forward to find new recipes. This week we are trying Herbed Pork Chops with Wild Mushrooms, Tequila Shrimp, and Asian BBQ chicken in additional to some classics.

I may have to adopt the side bar Meredith keeps on her blog, "Project In My Fridge" to show the latest creation, but we will see. That may need to wait until things have settled here a bit. This should be interesting. :)

No comments: