We are moving up in the world, we have purchased large appliances!!! Our new place came without a washer and dryer, but had room for full size ones to go in. The apartment complex offered to rent them to us for $35 a month, which doesn't sound like a lot, but over 12 months, that adds up. It adds up to $420 in fact, which is enough to purchase a half way decent dryer. So we went and bought our own.Choosing them was a little tricky as I know virtually nothing about washers and dryers as far as what sets them apart. I know they clean clothes and I also know I do not need to spend $2000 for my clothes to be super, spotless, brand new, fabulous, wonderful. If I had all the money in the world, why not?
So where to turn? I went to consumer reports and just decided to see what they said. I figure they beat up enough of plenty of models to tell me what to stay away from and what to look for. So we purchased their "best buy" in washers and a dryer that rated well too. We had some hiccups (which I won't detail here) with the washer initially, but it's a wonderful piece of machinery now. It even smells nice!!
Let's just say after 3 weeks without a washer and dryer, I couldn't have been happier with our deliveries. It took an additional week to get the dryer, but with a front loader taking out 90% of the water and some drying racks, we still managed clean clothes before we had any real incidents.
If I told my 17 year old self that someday appliances will make you happy, I think I would have replied, "Are you on drugs?", but now I know, and knowing is half the battle. G.I. JOE!
1 comment:
So I think I may have to get a new HVAC unit in the next month or so. Here's hoping the new appliance high will come with that one, too! Alas, I fear it will not be as much fun as the shiny washers and dryers I gaze longingly upon at the stores...
Congratulations!
Post a Comment