Over the summer, I was not exactly diligent about updating my reading list on the side bar. I did pretty well, then faltered a bit. I thought I would fill you in though on my recent reads. You can pretend to care. :)The last one that was accurately recorded in the side bar was Men in Arms by Terry Pratchett. That was better than Guards! Guards! which came before it. So that was pleasant. It was like murder mystery meets bizzaro Disc World. I appreciated the odd twist in the book series.
The book that followed next is an annual read, but still my favorite and inspired my blog name, Stardust by Neil Gaiman. Every time I read it I just fall in love with it all over again.
Then I decided to get back to the next book in The Cat Who series, The Cat Who Played the Brahms. It was a refreshing book because the setting of it was not in the main characters normal town so the books mood was changed. These books are quick enough that I can read them within a week usually, but good entertainment value. :)
Then I decided to go a different route and try an author I had never heard of. Hooray libraries! This book is by Joanne Fluke and it's called Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder. I really enjoyed it. It was one of those books I kept wanting to pick up and read more of and even when I am too tired to read, don't have the sense to stop. :) There are quite a few cookie recipes included in his book too. She has written a series of dessert named novels too. I am hoping I can find the next one at the library.
And I have been reading bits and parts of the two wedding book resources I have managed to accumulate from a purchase and a friend. Here's hoping I will have learned valuable information when I am done. :P
Ok, now onto some future ones! We stopped in Borders in Rochester quickly before heading to the airport to see if there was anything worth picking up for the couple of hours we had to entertain ourselves. There was a book that drew my attention, I Was Told There'd be Cake by Sloane Crosley. It's a collection of essays, but the cover seemed to promise wit and humor among them. I am hoping to find it at the library as well. I am starting to shift from "why not buy it" to "see if it's at the library first" mode. Saving me some serious $$, which is good because I have a better place to put it now. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment