Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Marie and Adam Get Married

Marie and Adam were married last Saturday, August 9th, in my home area of Syracuse, NY. This worked out well for me since I was able to combine attending a friends wedding with a trip home to see my own family. Thank you Marie and Adam!

The wedding was really nice and was followed by a wonderful reception at Borio's on Oneida Lake. It provided a pretty backdrop to the evening.

Since Marie is Rob's friend from college, a lot of his friends were in attendance. We had a pretty fabulous time hanging out with them all Friday night and Saturday between the end of the ceremony at 3pm and the start of the reception at 6pm.

Since Syracuse is the closest thing to my home stomping ground, I was in charge of entertainment on Friday evening and made the executive decision of going to Armory Square to the Empire Brewing Company for dinner. The food was pretty tasty and the micro brews weren't bad either. We meet up in Ben's hotel room later to party and drink beer while watching to opening ceremony of the Olympics. There are a lot of freaken countries that go to the Olympics. And a lot of those I have never heard of. I am pretty sure they were made up. Also, I thought the last torch carrier was going to die when his harness shifted. Turns out, it was all part of the act.

Saturday we killed time pre-gaming with the gang in Ben's room again. He's the party master. :) Then we made our way on over to the reception for a great night of poking fun at each other, dancing, and more drinks. It was just great to hang with everyone again.

Below are some priceless moments that I am very glad I had my camera out for. Got to love your friends.

Amanda Pennock is explaining to Marie what Ben has been up to over the last 30 minutes.

This is where Marie finds out that Ben has been stealing her center piece and has not been very conspicuous about placing all the stones in his shirt pocket.

Let's celebrate with a sugar shot!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

In Ben's defense, he returned all the rocks to the centerpiece after sucessfully demonstrating that they would, in fact, all fit in a simple shirt pocket.

Secondly, I would like to point out that Ben only had rocks initially because Mike P told him the shiny blue ones were candy and tried to get him to eat some.

Mike P said...

While that does sound like something I might say, I think in this case, someone else said the rocks looked like candy, not me.

Anonymous said...

That sequence of pictures is hilarious! When can we meet up for more sugar shots?

Mike D said...

Who did tell Ben those rocks were candy? I guess we'll never know for sure...

I concur with Marie, you really captured the moment with those pics