Saturday, October 4, 2008

Address Labels

I just got back from the mailbox. It was an exciting trip I assure you, but I won't bore you with the details. What I want to tell you about is what was in my mailbox. Another envelope with address labels from a charity.

I used to hate writing out my address on envelopes and often made my own. I don't think that will ever happen again. I seem to have hit the jackpot for accumulating address labels from a number of charities. Some of them I have donated to in the past and others are hoping I will send them money because they happened to drop address labels in my mailbox.

I have been in this apartment for approximately three months now and have received five bundles of address labels. They were from RIT, Habitat for Humanity, Children's Cancer Research Fund, Susan G. Komen, and now the Alzheimer's Association. Three of those were delivered in the past week!

Maybe it's trying to encourage people to write more. Some of them are coming with pads of paper as well, so I might be on to something here. I send all my bills electronically and I don't generally sit down and write a hand written note to anyone, so those uses are out. The only time I really use them is for sending cards. I guess I should start sending more of those out.

At least the ones I got today I can use for my Christmas cards since they are holiday themed. I don't know what's going to happen if I keep getting these though. My problem is that I like them all. I haven't gotten any and said, "Oh gross, I am not putting that on a card", so I guess I will just add them to the pile.

Maybe I will hold a secret contest (which only you will know about) with myself to try and use them all. Or maybe I can build a fort of address labels.... Hmm....

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Tyler got some from the Alzheimer's Association too, last year sometime. They have butterflies and flowers on them. He also got some from "The Smile Train" with big hearts on them. We only use those on bills that we don't pay electronically :)

And then he got some "Handyman" ones with hammers, which is kind of hilarious since I'm the more "handy" (home improvement oriented) person out of the two of us. But at least they sent him something more masculine than butterflies!