As mentioned previously, I wanted to try and expand where we ate out. Last night we decided would be our first adventure into the unknown. What I hadn't anticipated was how hard it would be to find a place close (this being a key difficulty - in other words, not downtown) AND reasonably priced that neither of us had been to. In this search I realized how many of these places I have gone to for lunch or an after work thing because I don't live far from where I work. Thankfully, we knew who to call who might have suggestions.Amanda came to our rescue after I had spent an hour on the internets and racked my brain for where to go. One of the places she suggested was Pasta Bella. It's owned by the same people who run the Marietta Diner which I have been to for lunch and enjoyed. Unfortunately this place was not in our realm of close, but we were getting hungry and didn't care at that point.
Overall, this was a pretty positive choice. It's not in our normal routes to anything else, so we probably aren't going to just pop over and grab a bite. Our waiter was friendly, if not a bit weird. The place smelled of garlic which I thought was pretty yummy. We were both pleased we our dishes and had them for lunch again today. Mine will even work for lunch tomorrow.
A key lesson we have learned, plan ahead on where to go. I think next time won't be too bad because we have some suggestions for downtown and will be willing to go there next time. Our next adventure won't be for a few weeks because we are heading to the Outer Banks next weekend. We get to go to our favorites there instead. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment