We were trying to figure out what to do for Thanksgiving this year. We had offered to make Thanksgiving to Rob's classmates, but no one took the offer, so we were left with the two of us. I had been talking with my co-worker, Sarah about it and she said, "Well if you two haven't made any plans, why not come to my house for Thanksgiving?" Sweet!
Rob made his pumpkin bars and I brought sweet potato casserole. Both were big hits. We got to meet Sarah's family and friends who were all very nice and fun to be around. We played our first game of corn hole. We had beginners luck to win the first game and then were beat twice. Oh well, it was fun and it was gorgeous out!
I love Thanksgiving because it's a time for people to get together. Family, friends, who ever is nearby. The feeling of just being together and celebrating is something I look forward to each year. Each year since I left college has been different, which makes them all memorable. I have Thanksgivings at home, with friends families, at friends houses, and even hosted for international students who have never experienced Thanksgiving.
I am thankful for meeting someone is generous to share the holiday with me and Rob. We had a great time and have lots of leftovers to keep us going for a while. :)
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment