Oh let's not.
The morning ride into work can be tricky for the radio since it's only takes 15 minutes. Not a whole lot of time especially with the commercial breaks they take. If I time it right, I can get weather, news, traffic, and a song in. However, if timed poorly, I get to listen to people who call in.
This morning's topic was, "Tell us about something you do that is really for kids." This also annoyed me because of what triggered them to ask this question. There is ALWAYS a story. Half the time I think they make them up. "I got a friend who is...." Sure you do. The DJ (who is presumably older ~45) bought Call of Duty 5 to play on his Xbox yesterday after it came out. He was thinking, it's the first day, I should be on the same level as all the other players and he was miffed because some players were already at level 15. He just attributed this to the fact that they are kids. Clearly, not in my generation. As I type this Rob is downstairs presumably killing something in Gears of War 2. He is almost 30 and a regular gamer. Hardly a kid, although at heart is another story. I personally think this DJ was bitter because he was not a very good player and was probably being picked on by a 12 year old.
Back to my point. So what I want to know is what prompts a person to take time out of their morning to call in and say, "Yeah, I am still childish because I...." 1 - Who has the time?? 2 - Do you really think I care? 3 - Why would you basically say, "Yup, according to you I am a tool because I..."?
Anytime they start getting people on there I turn to radio off. I don't want to hear it. It's the same thing for prank calls. I HATE prank calls. I don't find them funny. I think it's mostly because you are making someone angry on the other end of the phone to benefit you. Plain English - you are being an ass.
Silence really can be golden. :)
/end rant
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This is why I have my iPod jacked straight into my radio, so I don't have to listen to the irrelevant ramblings of some idiot when there is nothing else left on the radio dial.
Post a Comment