Friday, February 20, 2009

Beach Week! Beach Week! Beach Week!

Well, it's almost March (where did the first two months of the year go??) and as I stare out onto my concrete patio slab and listen the hum of 285 in the background, I can't help but wonder, how much longer until Beach Week gets here?! I want to feel a nice warm sun on me, catch some waves, and listen to the ocean.

Beach Week is one of the best vacations. For one - it is an annual event. You always get to look forward to it. :) Two - it's at the beach. Duh. And three - there are a bunch of friends around to share it with. This year we have a group of 20 of us or so which should be a lot of fun. It's just getting harder to find a house to fit us all in!

I have been able to stop and see many of the sites in the Outer Banks over the last four years including; the Wright Brother Museum, Jockey's Ridge State Park, Cape Hatteras Lighthouse, and all the great restaurants and shops. I know Mike and I look forward to visiting our favorite store each year; The Farmer's Daughter. :)

There are a lot of day trips you can do, but you can also just hang around town and have just as much fun. The downside to day trips is the amount of time you spend in the car on such nice days. I guess you just have to think about what you want to do more.

Whatever ends up happening, it will be a great vacation. Even if all I do is sit on the beach every day reading and popping in the ocean every now and again. I am only hoping for a few good days in the ocean, cool to people to hang with, and of course, some puzzle time!

No comments: