Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Escape Artists

The weather here has been beautiful over the past few days for this time of year. Yesterday, Rob got home before me and decided it was warm enough to open up the windows and doors in the house and let the air flow through. Hey, why not? Fresh air is good for everyone.

When I drove up to the house, I noticed this fuzzy thing in front of our door. It was Sparky hanging out all hunched down and just sitting there. I stopped my car in the street and hurried over to him. I am thinking to myself, "Cat, you are on the wrong side of the door. How did you get here?" I picked him up to bring him in and I turned to the left and there was Dory! BAH! Cats everywhere! Next to Dory though was the screen from the front window. Aha! So that's how you got out!

I guess I had pretty good timing because I think they had just gotten outside. Sparky doesn't handle mother nature too well. He was the kitty that flipped out for no apparent reason and broke all of his hind claws two summers ago. I was just happy that nothing had spooked him.

Moral of the story - the screens suck here. We probably won't be able to have that window open more than my cat is wide which isn't as bad as it sounds. They are big cats. And now they can add escape artists to their resumes.

No comments: