Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Slippers

I know Georgia doesn't get as cold as some other places I have lived, but they also don't know how to insulate a home. So needless to say, even given the warmer climate, I still find it necessary to warm slippers almost constantly when I am home because I like having warm feet.

The pair of slippers that I own (and are currently wearing) are about 6 years old. They are warm and broken in, but probably too broken in. There's a point where a slipper is just right and finally your go-to shoe when you get home and then there's the dilapidated thing you throw on your feet out of habit. We have reached the dilapidated stage.

I have asked for new slippers for the last two years for Christmas, but Santa chooses to give me other things. So, being me, I say well, I can probably get another year out them. They aren't going to make it this time. My right foot has stuffing sticking out of it and it's very close to needing duck tape to keep it together. I finally gave in and went looking for new slippers after Christmas this year. I didn't see anything I wanted and what I tried on was just uncomfortable. So I have been hemming and hawing about it for another month.

I have a gift card to L.L. Bean from Christmas 2007 that I have been meaning to use. I don't shop there often, but like their stuff. I normally avoid ordering anything online that comes in different sizes. But since they have a nice selection of slippers and I have money to burn, I took a look. I found two pairs I think would be pretty awesome and read the reviews of all the other people that think so too.
I think this one is pretty and has a hard sole which would be a huge plus. So I went to put it in the cart and wouldn't you know it. "Available May 22" MAY 22?!?! I finally reached the point of I NEED new slippers and I have to wait another 3 months?!? If this isn't another shinning moment for Murphy's Law, then I don't know what is. And it wouldn't matter if I ordered them in another color or another style. Apparently Christmas wiped them clean out! Oh well, I guess I will have them in time (maybe) for Beach Week.

No comments: