In our recent re-doubled effort to live a healthier, more active lifestyle, Rob and I played tennis yesterday. Played is probably too generous of a term, but hey we were out there in the heat and swinging our rackets.
Conveniently, our apartment complex has a court that we can use. It's opposite the gym on the main apartment office building. We had our options of going to the gym to get on machines or stay in the fresh air and do something different. We opted for different.
Neither of us has played in.... well, it's been a while. Thankfully through an odd series of events, we had a fresh, unopened can of balls (thanks Bill!) and both knew were our rackets were. Our first few serves were pretty silly, but we started to get into it. I don't think there was any way anyone could have kept score, but what matters is the ball moved from one side of the court to the other. Most of the time this was done with a racket. I am also proud to say we only had to fetch the ball from the woods twice, and from the parking lot three times. :)
As an added bonus, we were able to watch people hop into our very uncleaned nasty pool. Yeah, I think if I were in oh say, hell, it might start to look appealing. These are the same people who are going to wonder why they have a weird growth on their toes in a few days. Oh well.
Let's here it for getting out there and getting that heart rate up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We are going to have so much fun playing tennis together!
Post a Comment