The joy of a new office is getting to know the people you now share common space with for about 40 + hours a week. This is always an interesting mix of finding fun people and the people who are cut from the Christmas card list before they were ever on it.
The fun people this time around includes a guy that was on my LDC I Conference team from last August. It's nice to see a familiar face and to have something in common. Today we looked were looking up pictures of people wearing mullet wigs. It's good fun.
Another guy in my office has really come around and chit chatting is getting a bit easier with him. Super nice guy (older, like dad older), but I think he sometimes gets a little freaked out with talking to me because I am the first female in quite a while to work in them there parts. He is more worried about saying something to offend me. :P I think that's funny.
There are two people who are off my Christmas card list already. One of them sits directly behind me and who in conversation in a fairly nice guy. He knows my family that owns the orchard and is pleasant. However. He is a nail clipper. And I am not talking about the weekly nail clipper. I am talking about the OCD kind that is clipping their nails just about every day at work. It seriously makes me want to throw up.
The second guy is one I will refer to as the LOUD TALKER. This is the guy who has a commanding voice to begin with and is just a solid talker in general. But of course it doesn't stop there. No, of course it doesn't. This guy uses speaker phone for EVERYTHING! He called his wife the other day to walk her through how to check the battery power on a cell phone which the whole office got to listen in. I am sure she would be really proud to know that her husband shared the fact that she didn't know how to check that with the entire office. His latest gig is complaining about the help the managers are hiring and how big the fish are that he is catching. I could care less about both and it takes everything I have some days to not jump up onto of my desk and yell, "SHUT UP". I feel this would not make the best impression, but seriously, I mean it.
Of course the last wonderful thing in my new office is the fact that at about 4:15pm, the sun starts to come through the window in the office directly into my eyes which makes it impossible to look at my screen without some serious squinting. To combat this, I wear sunglasses at my desk. Do I look ridiculous? Absolutely! But it turns out the person sitting there before tried to get some blinds and was unsuccessful. I would go out and buy them myself and install them too if I didn't think I would get a number of grievances.
So hooray new office and all of it's quirks. I am looking forward to my vacation from these guys already. :P
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment