From my Real Food Board:
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2014/04/salisbury-steak-meatballs/
I did make the raw meatballs up earlier in the day because I was worried I wouldn't have enough time around dinner time with all that was going on that day. Honestly, they came together fairly quickly compared to some other meatballs I make. I cooked them and finished the rest of the meal at dinner time so everything was nice and hot. Warning - this meal really does make close to 12 servings. There was enough to feed 3 adults and 1 toddler for 3 meals really big meals.
I did use their suggested method of cooking the meatballs in two batches. Yum Yum Yum!
Making the sauce to go with these was pretty simple.
Also, it was really "pretty" at the end. And yes, fresh parsley from the garden to top it off!
It was super tasty and filling and a hit with the whole crowd. I also love that this meal provides leftovers. However, in the future, if it was just my husband and I with our kids, I would probably half this recipe rather than having so many leftovers. BUT! If you have company coming over or a larger family (grown kids), this is an amazing dish. Add a vegetable for a side and some rolls and BAM. Everyone will think you slaved and in reality, this maybe took 40 minutes start to finish (the time on the recipe is right on). Easy peasy and totally delicious!
1 comment:
Yummmy. May I stop by for dinner?? RSVP
Post a Comment