Saturday, August 9, 2014

S'mores Dip!

I don't know who decided that chocolate and marshmallows should be melted together and sandwiched between graham crackers, but I would love to shake their hand.  It's truly a beautiful combination.  Usually the opportunity to enjoy this is limited to over a camp fire, which in my opinion is the best way to have them.  However, we have no camp fires in our future or nearby.  So what's the next best thing?  S'mores Dip!

From Food Love:
http://www.southernplate.com/2014/06/oven-baked-smores-how-to-get-an-autographed-copy-of-southern-casseroles.html

I made this for our last mother's day play date with the babies and I didn't think to grab a photo of this, but I can tell you it was well loved by the mommies and children alike.  The best part?  It's so stupid simple!  I basically just took a bag of chocolate chips and tossed them in the bottom of a 2 QT casserole dish and covered with marshmallows (was about half a bag, but I could have, and probably will in the future, added more).  I plopped it in the oven for 5 minutes at 450* and it was just toasty enough on the top.  We went through 2 sleeves of graham crackers, but that will vary depending on your desired ratio of delicious per cracker.

Great for a last minute dessert and great for groups of people to enjoy.  Although I wouldn't judge if you made this for just your family.  :)  It's scalable too, so if you need to just cover the bottom of a smaller pan and top with marshmallows.  Winning tasty treats!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"But that depends on your desired ratio of delicious per cracker" That's rich! keep blogging!