Saturday, March 24, 2007

The Eyre Affair

I usually try to give my two cents on any book I finish within a short time of finishing it, but sometimes it waits. I had just finished The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde not too long ago but then got carried away with other stuff so here you go! This was the book I read Jane Eyre for and quiet honestly it was nice to know what was going on for once. So even though Jane Eyre was a little bit on harder side of reading, it was worth it. The Eyre Affair is about the future where they have dodo's as pets and people can jump into books and join their favorite characters in their stories. Not likely to be in our particular future any time soon, but it was fun to read about. The tie to Jane Eyre is when a criminal decides to hide in the book and the detective goes after him. It's interesting to see how she manages to hide out of the main story but right along side of it. If anyone has read Jane Eyre and not read The Eyre Affair, I would recommend it. It was a fun book and a quick read. I blame that for my lack of sleep a few weeks ago. I was just trying to finish the book but I traded in a good nights sleep to do so. The sacrifices we all make.