Saturday, August 11, 2007

Day at the Lake

Yesterday I was invited to go to the lake with some friends of mine from work. I got up really early, like work time early, on my day off to go with them. But it's the first true Friday off in almost two months and it's a day on a boat in the middle of this ridiculous heat way in Atlanta. It was an hour and a half ride from here to the lake which didn't seem to bad with a car full of five people. We ended up at Carters Lake, one the boat owners frequent because of it's lack of people. Something I appreciate.

We got to the lake around 11am and met another couple waiting for us. We piled into the boat and out we went. At the first stop we all hopped into the water. How warm it was! Almost like bath water, but some cool pockets down lower. Really refreshing to dip into.

The first sport up was wake boarding, which all but two people tried. I am proud to say I did manage to get up on the thing, but got I so excited and fell back down. Meh, not really my sport, but I would try it again anyway. The next sport was knee boarding. Now there's something I can get into! I bopped right across the wakes and caught some air, but not too much. I had a blast.

We had lunch and snacks, the boat had a pretty fabulous sound system you could listen to music as you played in the water. We were out there for almost 8 hours. Overall it's been one of the best days since I have moved here. Relaxing, water, fun, what a good combo! Of course today I hurt in places I didn't know existed, but it was totally worth it. :)

No comments: