What a fun night it can be. I never really understood why people would attend these or I guess I should say that I never really grasped the concept of having them. Well since moving to GA there have been a number of them that I have been invited to and quite a few I have participated in. These particular girls nights are we low key people who just want to have a good time. We don't go crazy drinking, hit up strip clubs (although always an option here in the ATL apparently), or trying to pick up guys in bars.
That being said, we did spend the night before St. Patrick's Day in a bar, however no one was really looking for a date, half are married, a quarter are dating, and the others ere quite turned off from the males present. No doubt a smart choice for them. But we have also done pizza and bowling, dinner and a movie, dinner and a play, etc. Simple things that woman like to do. Tonight is dinner and a movie (chick flick too) and it's going to be a lot of fun.
The girls that go aren't catty. I don't see them enough for them to seem that way to me even if they are. They are good, fun people. I guess my perception of girls nights were tainted by movies and preconceived notions. Most of the woman at these things don't go out with many people other than their husbands or boyfriends except for these girls nights. I thought that was odd, surely they must go out, everyone does. Turns out a large majority are looking for friendly people to hang out with just like me. For some reason this totally surprised me, but it's been nice to know I am not alone. In fact it's something to bond over. I appreciate girls nights now because I get to go have fun with random people who are there for the same reasons I am, unload about daily life, share jokes, and enjoy ourselves. We keep it to once a month and change it up. I haven't seen an invite for any repeat events yet which is always refreshing. I finally seem to be embracing the girl thing; wearing pink and purple and going out with the girls. It's a start!
To the males reading, no pillows fights have ensued and I am fairly certain it won't happen. Sorry, but I felt I should be upfront about these things.
Friday, August 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Don't worry about the lack of pillow fights. Since you left us alone, Mike and I went ahead and had one of our own.
Post a Comment