Sunday, August 19, 2007

Trash Trail



So this morning I was up and out early to do some much needed grocery shopping. Before I left, I cleaned out the fridge and made a point to fill the trash and toss it on the way out. Normally I remember in those 5 minutes of leaving the house that I have trash that I need to toss before going out of the complex. This morning was not one of those mornings. I did remember by the third light I got to because it started to smell. I turned around and tossed it out.

There are a number of ways I have seen people carry their trash to the compactor here. Some people just carry it, some put in on the trunk, top of the car, or on top of the hood. Most mornings when I leave for work, there is at least one person who has put their trash somewhere ON their car and forgets about it, then drives off down our road. I assume once they hit about 20mph, it flies off. Then welcome obstacle course of whatever they had in that bag.

It happens so often I wonder if it's the same person or if everyone in our complex has a day like I did today and just plain forgets. But for all the complexes I have lived in (and those that have moved know, it's been quite a few) I have NEVER witnessed this before. It's a phenomenon that I can't quite grasp. I don't know if it's this complex, the fact that people don't put it in their car, or something about being in GA, but it stinks.

No comments: